Calmly, quietly, and infrequently, i write what comes to mind and share only what might be helpful to others.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

More God, More Pain?

My interaction with God has increased since the beginning of the year. I've spent more time in prayer and more time in His Word and more time reading spiritual literature than ever before. I've had more "God discussions" in the past year than ever before. I've thought more about God -- who God is, what God wants, where God lives, how God might think, how God came to be -- than ever before. I've asked more questions of God in the past year -- what's the deal with free will? do you learn? how do you feel pain? what brings you to action? do you laugh? -- than ever before.

It also seems that I am now challenged more, tempted more, and feel more vulnerable.

Now, more than ever before, I have reason to spend even more time in prayer, more time in his word, more time in "God discussions," more time thinking about God and more time asking God questions.

My latest question to God: Is it true that the more time we spend with you, the more pain we can endure and therefore more pain comes our way?

2 comments:

john alan turner said...

So, how is God answering your question?

Liz Moore said...

I understand completely. I wrote something very similar earlier today on my blog. I have always believed that the closer and more intimate our relationship with God is, the more Satan wants to attack us. The closer our relationship is with God, hopefully the farther away from Satan we become. I know that God allowed Satan to test Job because He knew Job would withstand the test. I have never gone through near what Job went through and pray I never do, but I know through the trials I endure my relationship with God grows stronger and stronger and ultimately my Joy is also stronger. I have no answers, but I know God does. I do however, completely understand your questions.