Calmly, quietly, and infrequently, i write what comes to mind and share only what might be helpful to others.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Going it Alone?

How do people go it alone? How does an individual or a family make it through trials and struggles without extended family and/or friends to help them carry the weight and strain. How does an individual or a family make it through without faith in God and his power?

I cannot imagine what life would be like without faith in God. I cannot imagine suffering alone without family, without friends to hold me up. And when those friends have similar faith in God, similar beliefs in the Almighty, and make themselves available to comfort and support, peace comes.

Trials will come, and with them much pain. Yet the one who promises the peace that passes understanding is available and alive and holds all things together, especially us. God bless those who extend themselves to comfort others. Because of God and their faith in him and their acts of love, life becomes less a burden and more a joy.

3 comments:

Robert said...

Bro',
I don't know what I am praying for, and I don't need to know, I am just praying...praying for what pains you. Praying for D,K,S,&,D. Praying for endurance and wisdom.

I too cannot imagine what life would be without freinds and family who share a similar faith in God. The support, comfort, and encouragement of my fellow Christ followers not only allowed me to draw upon their strength, but ulitimatly lifted me up to a deeper walk and understanding of our Father and His will for me.

God bless you in your trial. May you find the peace at the other end of the journey to be well worth it.

Robert

happytheman said...

One of the few blessings that came out of my divorce was my family rallying around me and my boys. We were a close family but even closer after the divorce. My good friends, Lloyd, Charles, Ralph, Tommy and Archie made a difference in my day to day dealings with sorrow and anger. I could never imagine going through it alone.

Liz Moore said...

I am so thankful for the way God puts Godly people in our lives at just the right moment. Sometimes we just need Jesus with skin on.