Calmly, quietly, and infrequently, i write what comes to mind and share only what might be helpful to others.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

There and Back Again

After a long absence, I am "back in the saddle."

It has been a very long 40 days of trial, pain and growth. Support from our fellow Christians has been invaluable. Mostly, God has found ways to smile on us in the midst of this trial, yet those smiles do not relieve the pain that comes with difficulty. Normal is different now. I have learned new things about me, my family and my church family. The trial continues but at a lower intensity than before -- manageable.

I pray that we do not have to experience such again, but no guarantees are given. I see others in situations that would crush me and thank God I am not them. Others have looked at our situation and thanked God they are not us. What does not kill us makes us stronger, but getting stronger hurts beyond belief. Here's to living in pain for the opportunity to grow. Been there and back again and moving on to the next cycle of pain and growth.

Thank God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news...

Christopher Green said...

You have proven yourself faithful through this trial.

You are stronger and it shows.

Thank you for your friendship and sharing the burden.

Liz Moore said...

It's good to see you blogging again. You have been in our prayers. May God continue to strengthen you and bless you with abundant joy.